NYC PARKS and PEP (Parks Enforcement Patrol) reports that a Craig’s list posting threatens to place poison in New York City dog runs. This notice has been released to all park organizations throughout the New York City. It could be a hoax, but we wanted to let dog owners know how they can be extra cautious and what to do in case they find something.
1. When entering the dog run, please study it carefully BEFORE unleashing your dog.
2. If you spot ANYTHING suspicious, IMMEDIATELY call the police, pep, and 311. Stay nearby until police arrive.
3. Do not touch anything suspicious and do not let any dogs near it.
4. Be vigilant right OUTSIDE of your dog parks. If someone truly intends to poison dogs, placing laced food near the dog runs is a way to avoid being easily spotted. Again- if you spot anything, report it immediately.
5. If you hear or see anything, please let the Friends of St. Nicholas Park know.
Again, this could be a hoax but just in case, please be cautious…